All is well in Amsterdam and this past weekend was wonderful. On Friday the SIT group (the group that I am abroad with) threw a party at one of the host's house that was out of town (we had permission of course). It was a good bonding experience and since we'll be spending the next three months together it's good to speed up the whole "getting to know each other" process. Saturday I slept in (ah, glorious!) and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get my bike fixed. That night I met up with Emily and we went to Profte- would you expect anything less of us!? Sunday I went to a Pilates class with my host mom, however I did not realize that the class would be in Dutch. Needless to say I struggled and probably appeared to be Pilates incompetent!
Today has been a fairly relaxed day. I had Dutch class this morning and a meeting about our trip to Morocco in the afternoon. To say I am excited about Morocco would be an understatement. Yes, I am looking forward to experiencing a new culture, learning about different walks of life, yatta, yatta, yatta BUT I am MOST excited for the warm weather (it is supposed to be in the 70's). I never realized this before moving but Holland is cold. Not a Nebraska type of cold that you only experience on the brief walk to and from your car but a real cold; A-bike-in-the-sleet-you-have-to-walk-everywhere-cold. Also, Holland is very good about conserving energy and so their houses/buildings are, by my standard, freezing. That being said, you could understand why I am so excited for the weather; finally a chance to thaw!
If you were curious, I've already outlined my plans for Morocco:
1. Purchase a Moroccan Djellaba like so:

2. Put on my Djellaba and then find myself a warm beach

3. Lay there all day, soak up the sun all while sipping on Moroccan tea.
Also, there will likely be some education activities but those are rather unimportant.
Anyways, I must conclude this post. Monday nights are pancake night and if I'm late I will miss out!
All my love,
L

3 comments:
Enjoy your pancakes! Love, Mom
We are enjoying your blog - thanks for sharing with all of us. Have fun but don't forget school also.
You mean they won't feed you if you're late? How revolting! HA! HA!
Did you get your bike fixed? I think about you so often and all those new experiences.
How long will you be in Morrocco? The dress is absolutely beautiful and you will look fabulous in it.
I do not mean to make light of your freezing, but boy, can I relate. When we went to Greece, it was the first time I experienced real warm and a whole week of sunshine. I think because of the dampness it is the type of cold that goes right through you. Now, don't you wish you had one of those Snuggies?
Stay well and safe!
Lynn
Post a Comment